Friday, October 8, 2010

Upcoming Art Festival

Time really gets away from me when I'm busy painting! I'm not exactly sure where the month of September went...

It's been a while since I posted, so I thought I'd write about my latest projects (all dozen or so!). My goal is to have all of them completed in time for Huffhines Art Trails, an upcoming art festival in which I'll be participating. Look for my booth! Times, location, and other information can be found at their official website, http://www.huffhinesarttrails.com/ .

I did finish my little portrait of Laura; it ended up becoming more of a finished painting than a sketch, but I am happy with the final result. She has a peace about her that is calm and almost whimsical. The word that came to my mind was "poise," so naturally, that became the title of this painting.



I've recently completed a couple of small landscapes for my art show (view them on my website). Additionally, I've been working on two wine-themed still lives, one featuring chocolate and an old vintage magazine ad, and another reminiscent of my memories of Tuscany. I have several new portraits, still lives, and a couple surprises to throw in. My booth will be filled almost entirely with new work!

In other news...I recently found out that my large-scale work, "Twin Arts," is a finalist in International Artist Magazine's "Portrait and Figures" competition, to be featured in their December / January issue! This is very exciting - I feel incredibly priviledged to be able to share the story of this painting with the rest of the world.

More updates on the way... :-)
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...