Monday, February 1, 2010

Olga (almost finished!)

As with many of my portraits, I was forced to finish this painting from photographs. However, I'm using this time in my studio to try and add some creative liberties, especially with the background. I'm making some conscious choices to simplify different elements of the composition, while adding to the model's surroundings. There is a great deal of negative space in this 16x20 portrait, and I'd like to give it a very classical, traditional feel...
I've begun by adding some drapery to the background, and by playing around with values surrounding the model's face.
I'm almost finished - will post a picture as soon as "Olga" is done!

Olga (almost finished)
Olga (detail)

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. it is amasing, so beautiful ,
    ,i paint mainely in pastel yuo can visit me in
    ronatalie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...